Saturday, July 19, 2014

Breakfast, it's what's for dinner



Vegan-Whole Wheat Pancakes


After a few attempts I finally got the Vegan-Whole Wheat Pancake down. I really didn't think this was going to work so I didn't take many photos, sorry.

What you will need:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 TBL baking powder
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (or cinnamon will do the trick)
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp chia seed (optional)
1 tsp flax seed (optional)
1 TBL agave sweetener (or any sweetener you prefer)
1 & 1/4 cups Milk Alternative (I use almond milk)
1/4  tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp maple extract
1 & 1/2 TBL Oil (I used vegetable oil, it's what I had but you can use any kind)

 The how to:

Heat your pan on low-medium and lightly spray with a non stick spray.
Combine dry ingredients then add in wet  ingredients and whisk till smooth.


I then used a measuring cup (1/3 cup) to spoon out batter and poor into my low-medium heated frying pan. After the batter was in the pan I picked up the pan and moved it around in a slow circle to spread out batter. Cook on a slow low heat until bubbles form, then flip. Cook till golden brown. 

bubbles, ready to flip

I topped my pancake with bananas, granola, and some more agave syrup. The possibilities are endless. 


*helpful tip, these pancakes expand a lot in the belly so eat slow, I ate too many and got a little bit of a tummy ache...so delicious it's hard not to!


**To make batter for waffles I would suggest only using 1 cup of a milk alternative so its not as runny, possibly even a little less. Everything else can stay the same.


Hope you ENJOY & Happy Cooking!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment