Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Feeling a bit "Eggy"

Tofu "EGG" Salad Sandwich






Firm Sprouted Tofu (~3 oz)
Pickles
Red Bell Pepper
Purple Onion
"Mayo" I use Vegenaise (2 Tbl)
Mustard
Spices for taste
Bread (We use DAVE'S Killer Organic Power-seed bread)


I pared this  "egg" salad sandwich with one cup of steamed yam & sweet potato. 




First peel and start steaming your veggies for your side dish.  





Unwrap your tofu and pat the water off, cube into the size you prefer (as if you were dicing up eggs). I used 3 oz. of firm tofu which is one serving.

Dice some onion, pickle, and bell pepper and place them and your cubed tofu into a bowl. (amounts are all by taste and preference)



Add in the 1 tablespoon of "mayo", however much mustard you prefer and seasoning into the bowl and mix all together.  

I used pepper, salt, and curry powder. Yes I said curry powder! It adds a nice yellow color and a fun flavor twist. 


I then toasted my bread for more texture, placed a fist full of spinach and a few pieces of shredded carrot on one slice, piled the "egg" salad on top and finished it with the second slice of bread.  Next time I think I will put some mustard on the bread first because it felt a little dry.  
 



This was very filling and for my Weight Watcher friends this sandwich (alone) is worth only 8+points plus. Adding the cup of sweet potatoes and yams this whole plate is only worth 12+points plus. 

Hope you ENJOY & Happy Cooking!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment